Session 1 – July 7-17, 2019, ages 16 and older
A typical day at SPI for Session 1 students begins at 8:45am and ends around 7:30pm, with the exception of one – two nights during camp when all students and faculty attend a concert in downtown Seattle at the Seattle Chamber Music Festival. Students are given assigned practice rooms for four – six hours each day, with the option to practice more during free evenings. With four lessons, three public master classes and a final Showcase Recital performance in Meany Hall, there are multiple opportunities to perform and receive valuable ideas and insights from faculty.
Reasonable housing options are available in the University of Washington dorms across the street from the music building. UW Housing provides multiple dining options on campus and there are numerous off-campus eateries close by.
Selective enrollment is limited to 16 students.
In honor of our 10th anniversary, free tuition to all participants admitted.
Priority application deadline is April 1, 2019.
To apply, please click HERE
Faculty: Robin McCabe and Craig Sheppard
Guest Faculty: John Perry, Royal Conservatory, Toronto
Students will receive:
- Four lessons
- Assigned practice room facilities
- Seattle Chamber Music Festival Concert attendance
- Daily Master Classes — all students will perform in two classes with Professor McCabe and Professor Sheppard
- Seminars given by UW Faculty
- Showcase Recital and Reception in Meany Hall
- Master Class with Professor John Perry